Do you want to change the shipping country?
Please review your address and make any necessary changes by selecting "Change/ Edit Address"
EMAIL WARRANTY SUPPORT
email@example.com , or call 800-874-3236
WHAT IS THE MARES LIMITED WARRANTY PROGRAM?
MARES guarantees, to the original purchase only, that a MARES Product purchased from any Authorized MARES Dealer worldwide will be free of defects in material or workmanship under normal recreational scuba use. All Authorized MARES dealers are listed on http://www.mares.com. The MARES Product warranty may differ for each piece of equipment and may differ by model year. Usually it is limited to a period of 2 years from the date of consumer’s purchase of the Product (“Warranty Period”) unless otherwise specified. This date must be verified by a valid sales document (tax receipt or sales receipt). For some categories and countries extended warranty policies not described herein may be applicable (e.g. for regulators, computers). Warranty claims are only accepted upon return of the defective complete Product with the warranty certificate completed in full and signed by the Authorized MARES dealer, and accompanied by a valid sales document (tax receipt or sales receipt) showing the date of purchase. MARES reserves the right to refuse free service if the required documentation cannot be provided or if information is incomplete, illegible, or incorrect.
HOW TO SUBMIT WARRANTY CLAIMS UNDER THE MARES WARRANTY PROGRAM?
Warranty claims have to be submitted to the Authorized MARES Dealer where the Product was purchased within two months from detection. The Dealer will deliver the product to Mares. If the Product had been purchased within the Warranty Period, as evidenced by the documentation requested above, and proves to be defective for any reason (other than those listed in the limitations) MARES will repair or replace the defect Product at its own discretion at no charge with the exception of shipping costs to Mares which is the sole responsibility of the consumer. MARES reserves the right to replace the claimed Product with a similar product of comparable value in case of unavailability of the defect Product. All parts of the product or the product that Mares has replaced shall become the property of MARES. Any repaired or replaced product (or part) does not extend the original warranty beyond the period of 2 years from original date of purchase. If the Product is found not to be covered by the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, MARES reserves the right to charge a handling fee. In case the MARES Product was purchased abroad the regional MARES distributor of your home country will render the respective warranty service (pls. refer to MARES distributors on http://www.mares.com). Please note that the regional MARES distributor is entitled to charge handling fees and all other freight and duty expenses related to a warranty claim for purchases made abroad. MARES will refuse warranty service if the Product was NOT purchased from an Authorized MARES dealer as listed on http://www.mares.com. In case the Product was purchased through an Online-store warranty service can only be provided through the Internet dealer the product was purchased from.
DEFECTS NOT COVERED BY THE MARES WARRANTY PROGRAM
Only defects or damages resulting from a failure in material or workmanship are covered by the MARES Warranty program. Other defects or damages, in particular those listed below, are not covered by our warranty:
- Defects or damage caused by normal use and wear
- Defects or damage caused by heavy, unusual, or incorrect use, or use under abnormal conditions (blows, jerks, falls, bumps, etc.)
- Defects or damages caused by lack of or incorrect maintenance or through negligence
- Defects or damages known or evident at the time of purchase of the Product
- Clear defects or damage, tacitly accepted, that did not interfere with the product's operation
- Scratches or damage to the plastic surfaces, glass, and all other external areas due to normal use of the product
- Defects or damages caused by cleaning materials or other substances containing aggressive chemicals (solvents, surfactants, aggressive cleansers, etc.)
- Defects or damages resulting from alterations and changes made to the Products without authorization
- Defects or damages caused by improper assembly of the components
- Defects or damages caused by failure to follow Product instructions in the User’s Manual
- Defects or damages caused by prolonged use of the Product in chlorinated or polluted water
- Defects or damages caused by exposing the Product to excessive temperatures, fire, or prolonged exposure to sunlight.All components subject to normal wear and tear (O-Rings, filters, diaphragms, light bulbs, batteries, rubber parts, silicone parts, latex, neoprene, zippers, etc.) are not covered by the warranty unless it can be shown that the problem is a manufacturing defect. This warranty does not cover equipment used for rental, military or commercial purposes.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
MARES shall not be liable for any injury or damage that may, directly or indirectly, occur to persons, things, or animals resulting from the use of this product. MARES shall not be liable for damage resulting from the failure to observe the full content of the Instruction Manual especially instructions concerning the use and maintenance of the product.
MARES will not be held responsible for any agreements written or oral except of those that are a part of this warranty statement.
MARES entire liability shall be limited to repair or replacement of the product at Mares option.
MARES will not pay any compensation for any inconveniences which might be caused by the inability to use the Product or for any potential expenses incurred while the Product is being repaired or replaced.