1. General information
We are a leading global manufacturer and supplier of brand sporting goods for the diving markets. We distribute our products primarily through our dealerships and sales team; some of our products are also available through our online shop (www.mares.com).
When purchasing our products, please be sure to observe the instructions provided with each product and additional information published on the website (in particular regarding the material properties, selection and use of the product) as well as the information contained in the user manual supplied with the product.
2. Warranty period
Our liability is limited exclusively to the obligations described here, providing this does not contradict mandatory law.
The legal warranty applies only to defects that occur during the warranty period. This period is two years from the date of purchase. The consumer must inform Mares of the lack of conformity of the product within a period of two months from the date of detection.
Regulators and Octopus
Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Neoprene,
BCD, Computer, Bags, Accessories
Limited Lifetime* is defined as the life cycle of the product, determined by Mares
3. Exclusions to the warranty
The warranty does not include:
- Defects resulting from normal wear and tear of the product
- Defects caused deliberately
- Defects caused by improper transport or improper storage by the customer or the logistics company
- Defects or damage caused by improper or incorrect use or insufficient/improper maintenance and product care
- Defects caused by non-compliance with the user manual
- Defects caused by incorrect assembly or incorrect adjustment
- Defects resulting from modifications made to the product by the buyer
- Defects resulting from (but not limited to) misuse and impact damage (from rocks, gates, boxes, rails, concrete floors, etc.)
- Defects caused by heat or sun
- There is no warranty on replaceable parts such as batteries, product straps and buckles, bag wheels, hoses, and O2 sensors etc.
The warranty is void if:
- The product has been modified or repaired by anyone other than Mares or a Mares dealership
- The product has been repaired using unauthorized spare parts
- The serial number of the product has been removed, deleted, changed or made illegible
4. Warranty claims
For all warranty claims, as soon as you have found the defect, please contact the dealership from whom you purchased the product and bring them the defective product as well as the original purchase receipt. If you purchased the product from our Mares online shop (www.mares.com), please contact us at email@example.com or 800-874-3236 ext. 8. Shipping charges on all warranty returns are your responsibility and are not subject to refund.
If your dealership is no longer available, please also contact us at the above email address or phone number. Please note that we are only responsible for inquiries relating to our online shop (www.mares.com). In all other cases, please contact your dealership.
The original purchase receipt must contain the date of purchase, the name and address of the dealership and the full name of the product. Mares or the dealership reserve the right to refuse warranty claims if the original purchase receipt is not provided or is incomplete or illegible.
If a warranty claim is accepted, Mares or the dealership will either repair or replace the product free-of-charge.
Depending on the remedy requested by you, if the product in question is no longer available or the repair costs are enormously high, MARES has the right to elect the alternative remedy, unless you require the termination of the contract or an adequate price reduction.
5. Exemption from liability
Unless obliged by mandatory law to pay compensation, we accept no liability for damage or consequential damage resulting from the use of the product, regardless of whether such a claim is based on the purchase contract, on a legal warranty claim or on negligence, or whether the claim concerns damage to property with the exception of the product itself, loss in relation to the use of the product or another asset object or loss of profit.
To the extent permitted, this warranty may not be transferred or assigned.
Please refer to our FAQ if you require any further information.