VR 2nd StageProduct No: 416408
Listening to the needs of divers, Mares designed the VR second stage. Its particular hose entry into the body makes it unique on the market. This feature allows it to be considered the best product among bail out stages, in the world of rebreathers. Also ideal for stage cylinders and in sidemount configuration.
The key features of the 2nd Stage VR are:
• The first second vertical stage
• Excellent breathing position
• Integrated sagittal VAD (S-VAD)
• Single bubble discharge
• Oversized silicone discharge button
• Freedom of movement in all positions
• Ideal for stage tank with decompression or travel and sidemount configuration
• Can be mounted left or right
• Hose position “under the shoulder”
• New excellent Miflex carbon/titanium hose coated with polyurethane
• Greater resistance to cuts, abrasions, explosions and UV rays - less float
• Watertight - flexible and comfortable
- Ultralight Technopolymer
- Second stage weight:
- 199g / 7oz
- Hose type:
- Miflex XT-Tech Hose
- Second Stage 1:
- Technopolymer second stage
- Second Stage 2:
- Standard downstream valve
- Flow Rate (STP):
- 560l/min - 20ft³/min
- Weight (without hose):
- 199g / 7oz
- Hose length:
- 110cm / 43in
Please follow the instructions contained in the manual. You must read and understand all warnings and instructions in their entirety before using our products. Scuba diving is a hazardous activity, which involves a risk of injury to any and all parts of the body. As with all scuba diving equipment, our products are designed to be used by trained, certified divers only.
Regulator Special Disclaimer
Equipment complying with EN 250 is not intended for breathing by more than one user at the same time.
If SCUBA equipment is configured and used by more than one diver at the same time, the cold water and breathing performance may not fulfill the requirements of EN 250. Therefore, the octopus should not be used during dives in cold water. Use of the dual regulator is recommended for cold water diving.
For safety reasons, it is not advisable to use an Octopus second stage that is not a certified Mares Octopus.